AUDIOBOOK DISTRIBUTION


 

Getting your audiobook distributed to the masses is essential. You may have the greatest audiobook ever produced, but without getting it sold through the outlets such as Audible.com, Amazon, and iTunes, you might not yield the monetary returns you desire. Now how are you going to get your audiobook into the stores? At Audioshelf we can make this possible.

 

SlideShow_Distributors_20160322

 

Let’s go through the Distribution Process


ABOUT DISTRIBUTION

Audioshelf is not just a producer, but also a distributor of downloadable audiobooks. Distribution is all about getting your completed audiobook onto the digital ‘shelves’ of the biggest audiobook retailers.

Marketing and Distribution is not as easy as you’d think. Many of the major retailers will not work with independent authors or publishers. Some retailers have self-service portals that are difficult to use, some require varying formats of audio files, metadata, and images that you may or may not have, before they will accept your work. It can be a nightmare to navigate. Once you let Audioshelf distribute your audiobook, we will begin the application process to getting your audiobook accepted in the online stores of the major players of the audiobook industry.

At present, we have distribution channels setup with the following retailers:

  • Audible
  • Amazon
  • iTunes
  • Audiobooks.com
  • Audioshelf Shop

If your audiobook is sold on Audible, it will automatically be sold on Amazon and iTunes as Audible is an Amazon-owned company and iTunes has an exclusive arrangement with Audible whereby they are the sole supplier of audiobooks to iTunes.

 

WHAT’S THE DEAL?

Audible, Amazon and iTunes determine the price of your audiobook, usually based on its length in minutes. Audiobooks.com and Audioshelf Shop let you decide how much you want to sell your audiobook for. The retailer in question will then take a percentage of the selling price each time your audiobook is purchased. The amount of commission taken differs with each retailer, but it ranges from 60% to 80%.

You then get 80% of this net figure and we take the remaining 20%.

 

WHAT DO WE DO FOR OUR CUT?

  • We assign a digital ISBN number to your audiobook
  • We ensure the audiobook meets the strict audio specifications that each retailer demands
  • We will process the image to be used as your cover art, ensuring the dimensions and quality is correct
  • We setup the necessary FTP servers to transfer all of the data
  • We manage the admin side of sales reports and keep in close contact with the retailers, so you don’t have to!

 

READY TO START SELLING?

Let’s do this! Please start by filling in our easy to follow submission form below:

Click THE AUDIOBOOK SUBMISSION FORM to begin the process of selling your audiobook.


Any questions? Please check out our FAQ page